Monday, August 10, 2009

It's about time...and it's so unfair!!!

Ugh! So I write a blog about not blogging, then I don't blog for like a month!!! I'm sorry. I honestly didn't have much to blog about. Now I have a little story that I think is so unfair! And please read through before you start thinking WHAT A BITCH!!! The way the story starts out is not the unfair part...you'll understand when you get there.
So today I found out that a close friend, we'll call her Friend J is newly engaged. There is all the hurrahs, hurrays and hurrohs that go with it. In the midst of it I'm harassing her about the headaches of wedding planning. Okay ppl, my point here is that when a friend is newly prego we hear from all our parent friends all about the sleepless nights, dirty diapers, puke, temper tantrums, and endless crying that we just signed ourselves up for. There ARE those points to being a parent but there's always so much more and you end up loving it (unless you are a cold unfeeling person in which case...stop reading my blog!). It's like wedding planning...it's a headache and work but it's still some fun and it indulges your inner girliness. No matter how many horror stories we hear about babies and weddings we're still gonna do it! Anywho a friend of ours, Friend S was saying maybe don't discourage her this easily. She has a point but the truth is I think Friend J could plan something in the middle of a hurricane. Seriously though, she's thought about the kinda wedding she's wanted for a long time so I think she pretty much was waiting for the guy and all she needs now is to make the reservations. She met that guy, now she'll pull out her phone list and have it done in a jiffy. I envy her. Now the unfair part comes into play.
She's planning a destination wedding. That's awesome and great and have no issues with her wanting that. The thing is I can envision her wedding! If she was having a normal old wedding I know what kind of gown she should pick and how she should wear her hair. I see her in a white not ivory gown that is fitted in the bust, slightly less fitted through the torso but not as loose as an A-line, with a slight fullness in the skirt (not a full out ball gown skirt, but just like a couple layers of crinoline underneath to give it some volume). This dress would be adorned with crystals surrounding the bust and the hem with more adorning slightly higher in the back part of her skirt, maybe mid calf. She'd wear probably opera length gloves and her hair would be up and back and would fall in a cascade of curls starting slightly at the top of her head from her tiara or partial tiara hair comb and falling down her back. I can't picture her whole bouquet but I do see calla lilies involved.
I've ordered my dress but fear that once I get it I'm not gonna like it. I still have NO idea what to do with my hair, let alone what to put in it. I do have my flowers for my bouquet but I'm second guessing them. Why can I see a big part of hers so clearly and my own not at all??? lol It's SO unfair!!! Friend J, if you decide on changing your plans you could hire me as your planner...apparently I have your wedding all worked out. Now if only I could decide on mine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment