Monday, July 6, 2009

Last night attack of the imagination, today attack of technology

Okay, okay, okay!!! The fates are gonna drive me to spike my OJ with vodka at 12:15 in the afternoon!!!
After last night's fight with my dear friend sleep I thought I'd be faced with a break today...especially since I was taking a break from the planning. My son co-operated with the idea perfectly. He ate well, played well, went for his nap well. For once though, it's only my son who's on Team Mommy today.
First of all the kitchen is a disaster! Anyone who's a mother knows how hard it is to keep a clean house and anyone who knows me knows how hard it is for me to get the urge to clean. I've been good since the boy was born. Messes now annoy me, whereas I ignored them previously. So I set out to clean up my kitchen after breakfast. The son is playing well for me in his highchair (which he NEVER does while I'm cleaning the kitchen) and I load up the dishwasher and flick it on. There's a couple more to go in a second load (lack of dish soap, not laziness, to do them by hand) and I planned to get to them after this load. So I've done some this and that, the dishes are done and have cooled a bit by now...I pull open the dishwasher to load and unload and, TADA, there's the soap still sitting in the dispenser. *sigh* Here we go again...round 2 with load 1.
Being the good fiancee that I am and an even better mom I decided it would be a good idea to make something from our son for his dad's birthday tomorrow. After searching, searching, searching online for a perfect quote...I found a pic, edited the quote onto the pic and about to print it off. First off though, I have to fight with the paper tray to put photo paper in it...okay got it! Now I have to hook this computer up to the printer (it's a new comp). Should be no prob, right??? Well after about 30 mins Windows is still trying to find the proper driver and the printer has informed me that it's colors are low. If I ever get this computer to take this printer am I even gonna get a picture at all???
I need to pee but I'm scared to go to the bathroom. The way today is going, the toilet may swallow me whole. Now I'm wondering...is that such a bad thing???

No comments:

Post a Comment