Saturday, July 4, 2009

The squabbling newbie

I suppose this is my first ever blogging. You just witnessed the losing of my blog virginity. Ahh what an exhibitionist I am broadcasting this to whomever cares to read it. It's almost midnight. I'm in bed cuddled up to my favorite warm man...I mean machine...the man is already asleep.
Where to start!!! How bout why I'm here and being so vain in thinking you wanna read my script. Well it all started 29 years ago...if not longer than that. I always grew up believing kids and marriage were the bane of all existence and you were cursed with them only if you lead a bad life. Well here I am...had my first child at 28, a beautiful son who I love with all my being, and newly engaged as of July 1st. Maybe I lead a bad life and that's why I'm so called being "punished". If this is punishment then so far...so good, I can handle it! Or can I???
Now that I've basked in the engagement glow, I've decided to stick my toe into the wedding planning business. HAHAHAHA!!! I've gotten a headache and am craving a beer just thinking about what I need to think about. The best part of this is...we're planning a very small and intimate wedding... no big poofy dress, no multi-tiered cake, no dj spinning tunes while drunken family members shame themselves on the laminate dance floor. It's still giving me a headache and I'm still wanting that beer.
First part...picking a date! Well there's 365 days in a year, 366 on a leap year. That's a lot of deciding. Well you don't want holidays...so there goes at least New Years, Easter, and Christmas. You don't want it on birthdays or other ppl's anniversaries. Well there goes a dozen or so more dates. There's still a lot to choose from! Which season would you like? Umm any with a date that rolls off your tongue?? Worst part of it is, he wants to get married sooner than later, and I wanna ensure we have enough money to fund our cheap wedding haha. So I finally pointed out that spring is our best option. Tada, a date is drawn out of a hat!
Now we need to see if the official we have chosen (the groom knows one that he'd like to preside) is available that day and we need to find a site to have it. That's just the ground work. Now we just need to save money!!! Argh!!! Save money???!!! How is that even possible to fathom with an 8 month old??? We'll get there I suppose...and hopefully I have all my hair intact when the time comes. Bald Bride is not the title for me...even though I have eaten my words in the past!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment